tirsdag den 19. maj 2015

Changing from DXKeeper to Log4OM

My ham radio log has been DXKeeper for some years now. I have been quite happy with this free software, and it has run well on my Windows PC. The update function works fine (you click a button to download software updates). The upload function to Logbook of the World (LotW) and eQSL has served me well. So I cannot complain about DX Keeper.

The urge to do something new came over me this month. I decided to try another ham radio log, that is Log4OM. This application is developed by IW3HMH and his team. The user manual is written by G4POP. Log4OM is free software and the project is supported by donations. There is an active user forum.
Log4OM logo.
What made me change logging software? There are several reasons why I choose Log4OM:
  • Simple - everything is available right at my fingertips
  • Nice GUI - the user interface of Log4OM is slick and easy to customize 
  • Winkeyer integration - having ragchews and running CW contests are easy
  • Active users - you can find answers to your questions
  • Active developer - the software is being developed and maintained   

73 for now. 
OZ1BXM Lars Petersen
Homepage: oz1bxm.dk

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar