Disassembly of the rotor cabinet was tricky! The 8 bolts holding the cabinet together were completely stuck. I had to apply a dismounting technique, which I learned from a Youtube video: Heat the bolt and apply candle vax to the thread. That surprisingly worked!
|The bolt can be loosened after treating it with candle vax.|
|Clotted grease was found in the gear wheel.|
Finally, I replaced the 500 ohm potentiometer inside the rotor. The new potentiometer was purchased at UKW-Berichte in their webshop (item 01999-KR-Poti). The spare-part cost me 27 EUR plus shipping from Germany to Denmark.
|The new 500 ohm potentiometer.|
The elevation rotor is now back in operation. I am eager to resume my EME project, and I will report my progress here.
73 from OZ1BXM Lars