lørdag den 4. april 2015

Moving the VHF antennas

My current VHF antenna system is positioned just between my own house and my neighbour's house. Both houses are terrace-houses, and a part of the antenna is above my neighbour's roof.

I am working to extend my VHF antenna system in order to operate EME, and more space will be needed. That is why I have decided to move the VHF antennas towards the center of my garden.

In the picture below, you can see how a 6 meter long steel tube (diameter 50 mm) will serve as the lower part of the antenna mast. The upper part (not mounted yet) will be a steel tube which is going to be rotated by a Yaesu rotor.

The new antenna mast.
The construction is to begin ASAP. I will report how the work is progressing in a later update.

73, OZ1BXM Lars Petersen
Homepage: oz1bxm.dk

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar