torsdag den 26. januar 2023

My first DXCC diploma

My first DXCC diploma arrived in the mail today. Shipping from USA to Denmark took 16 days. The mode is Mixed because CW and FT8 were used for my QSOs with 100 different entities (countries).


I have applied for DXCC before. It was around 1994. I sent QSL cards from 100 different countries to ARRL Headquarter in Connecticut. But my shipment newer arrived. It was called for in the postal system, but the envelope newer showed up - it was lost. Replacing 100 QSL cards is difficult, so I gave up DXCC for many years.  

I started with FT8 last year, and after some time, I discovered that DXCC was within reach. Another factor was Logbook of the World (LotW). This tool did not exist back in 1994, and LotW makes QSO confirmations fast, easy, and cheap. Many FT8 stations are using LotW for confirming their contacts. My DXCC diploma was confirmed by LotW for 94 entities, and QSL cards for 6 entities. The cards were checked by OZ1ACB who is the ARRL card checker in Denmark. 

Are there other diplomas in the pipeline? Yes, I am seeking QSOs for the QRP DXCC diploma, where all contacts must take place using a maximum of 5 W RF power on my side. Current status is 97 entities.   

73 from OZ1BXM Lars

Homepage: oz1bxm.dk

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar